Margie is still in Connecticut and is booking shows for Fall and Winter!
Check it out below:
is now available for private parties and events~
contact her by email Margie@musicwithmargie.com
or by phone 860-526-5794.
- Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10:00am at The United Church of Chester, 29 West Main St., Chester, CT, 06412 “Super Sunday Fun-day!” A Bring-a-Friend Celebration of Fabulous Friendship February. Families, all ages, free to public, all welcome, no registration necessary. For more information, contact the UCC at (860) 526-2697.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 4:00pm- “Friendship Fun!” at the Guilford Free Library, 67 Park St., Guilford, CT 06437. Contact Suellen Heinrich, Children’s Librarian, at (203) 453-8282 or firstname.lastname@example.org for info & registration.
- Friday, March 14, 2014 at Snow Preschool, Middletown, CT. “The Windy Day”, sponsored by the CT Storytelling Center, students and staff only.
- Saturday, March 22, 2014 at Community Co-op Nursery School of Old Saybrook, 366 Main St., Old Saybrook, CT 06475. Preschool Open House for the 2014/2015 school year. Margie is the staff music teacher, and will be performing from 10:00am-12:00pm for visitors. All interested in a wonderful preschool experience for their little one in September, contact Judee Magoon at the Co-op at (860) 388-9623 or just stop by-bring the kids!
- Friday, March 28, 2014 at Smart Early Learning Center, Middletown, CT. “Spring Has Sprung”, sponsored by the CT Storytelling Center, students and staff only.
- Saturday, March 29, 2014, Portland Early Childhood Council, Portland, CT. More info t/b/a.
- Friday, April 11, 2014 at Town & Country 2, Middletown, CT. “Bunnies, Chicks, & Eggs”, sponsored by the CT Storytelling Center, Students and staff only.
- Friday & Saturday, April 25th & 26th: The Annual Connecticut Storytelling Festival & Conference (Margie will not be performing, but many of her talented friends will-you may see her ushering you to your seat or registering you at the information desk, or just mingling and having FUN!!) Please come and bring your families-Friday evening is “Family Night” with stories the entire family will enjoy. Contact the Center, located at Connecticut College, Mohegan Ave, New London, CT, at (860) 439-2764 or email email@example.com. Visit their website at http://www.connstorycenter.org
Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!
Margie will also return to Henry Carter Hull Library, Clinton, Brainerd Memorial Library, Haddam, and many others, to perform her magical “Music With Margie Music and Movement for Preschoolers” program this fall! For a list of all residencies for this school year, click on the “Teacher” page!
FOR THE PUBLIC & ALL
MY LITTLE FANS-
All library concerts are FREE! Remember to support
your local library and hug your children’s librarian
Most libraries require registration, please call or
contact them first.
Currently, all other concerts are closed to the public.
Contact your local librarian and ask them for a concert
in your area!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR REGULAR “MUSIC WITH MARGIE” CLASSES
FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR, CLICK ON “TEACHER” AT
THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE…
“TIDAL TUNES ~ songs of River and Earth" CD
is now available for $10.00 each for one hour of extraordinary
music by Phil Rosenthal, Tom Callinan, Margie, and
many of her talented friends. 100% of the CD sales
go to the Chester Land Trust. Thank you for your support!
Contact Margie for more details.
MARGIE’S A HIT AT THE 27TH ANNUAL STORYTELLING
FESTIVAL ON April 25, 2008!
Margie brought the house of approximately 350 attendees down that Friday night.
She opened the annual festivities as a featured artist for Family Night, hosted
by Connecticut College for the Connecticut Storytelling Center www.connstorycenter.org
The audience got to hear the back-stories to 2 songs, (including the songs
themselves): “Sock Monsters”, from Singin’ Round the
Campfire with Margie” 2005, and “Turn Out the Lights and Go to
Bed!” from the 2007 “On the Road with the Fun Family” album.
Margie is currently working on turning “Sock Monsters” into a children’s
Margie’s “Singin’ Round
the Campfire” and “Sock Monsters”:
both quarter-finalists in the 2006
International Songwriting Competition!
What wonderful company to be in…After all was said and done, the ISC
received over 15,000 entries from over 88 countries, and Margie made it into
the quarter-finals (approx. 50 other songs in the Children’s category).
Though not chosen as one of the final 14, it was quite an honor, especially
to be in the same category as Bill Harley, whose work Margie has admired for
over 15 years. The panel of judges was important; CEO’s ranging from
record companies, Nickelodeon, Sesame Street, and Music for Little People.
Let me know what song YOU think I should enter next year, and for more information
on the ISC, log on to: http://www.songwritingcompetition.com
From Friday, February
3, 2006 – 4:00-5:00pm
Margie was featured on "Songwriter" with Dale Cramer-Burr on Wesleyan
University's Public Radio station WESU 88.1 FM. We are currently working on
making that interview available on our pressroom page. Please be patient! Thanks!
On Sunday, October 1, 2006
Mar Jennings Home and Garden Show
on WTNH Channel 8
Mar featured Margie’s “all of us, or none of us” approach
to singing around the campfire on this wonderful home segment. You can check
out the show on www.marjennings.com.